Austria: World Bodypainting Festival 2021
EDITION 23 is Postponed to 18 - 24 July 2021 - Celebrating Visual Culture & Music
Klagenfurt at the lake Wörthersee, Austria
Pre Program 18-24 July
The World Bodypainting Festival is a celebration of body painting and the staging of the human body as an art object. The WBF is also an experience space filled with music, shows and experimental performances. Immerse yourself in a week full of colors, entertainment and adventure - dive into a multicultural open air art space in the city of Klagenfurt in the south of Austria.
- Zones and Stages with different styles of music from international bands & DJs.
- Reggae, Dancehall, Hip Hop, Electronica
- Installation art projects
- World Championship in Bodypainting, Airbrush, Special effects & Installation Art presented by Kryolan
- more awards for Make-up artists & Amateurs presented by Snazaroo, ColorMake, Pro Make-up Laboratory, Kodi Professional, Asia Colors and for Photographers
- Bodypainting & Beauty Expo
- Lifestyle markets with fashion, crafts, tattoo, piercing & accessoires
- Street artists and musicans
- Kids program, Yoga, Slacklining, Didgeridoo, DIY stations to try colours on yourself, acrobatic and children theater
- demonstration program, exhibitions, lectures
- Fashion Shows and many presentations
- Aftershow Paintpart
WBF Side Events from 18 July
- WB Academy with more than 50 different Workshops, Demos and Demonstration
- Body Circus, the surreal ballroom
- WBF Shopping Day at the centre of Klagenfurt
- Art exhibitions in different locations
- Daily evening activities during the week
The 23nd edition of the World Bodypainting Festival, the World Championships of the best bodypainting artists, will lead artists from up to 50 nations to Klagenfurt, who will do everything possible to amaze visitors and make them laugh. High quality Art creates a special experience for all visitors of the Open Air art park "Bodypaint City" combined with music and shows.
The venue is situated in the inner city of the state capital Klagenfurt and framed picturesquely by the historical buildings of the theatre, the art house and the city gallery. In addition, this charming place offers a wide range of bars, cafés and restaurants, ideal possibilities for the WB Academy program and the side events.
„Bodypaint-City“, the main days: 22 - 24 July 2021
World Bodypainting Awards, the world championships
The core of the festival is the World Bodypainting Championships where the Crème de la Crème of artists from more than 50 different countries create stunning artworks in 6 World Champion categories, as well as 6 Special and 2 Amateur Awards.